My name is Sam Keller and I'm a software engineer currently riding a bike across the country, after which I'll be moving to Seattle and ready for new opportunities. Previously I was an Engineering Lead in Washington, DC, for Nava, a public benefit corporation working with government agencies to improve their digital services. I'm a software engineer with 7 years of professional experience with a particular focus on performant backend web services; I have extensive experience with Node.js APIs, Python (particularly Django) applications, and AWS, as well as additional experience with a slew of other technologies.
In my spare time, I like to read (see my reading list!
), bike, play chess, hike, and watch basketball.
- I'm riding my bike across the country! Expecting to finish in early October and then will be looking for new opportunities in Seattle
- Engineering Lead at Nava PBC, leading a team of 6 engineers to modernize the Medicare Payment System that processes $500 billion annually by converting mainframe programs to APIs written in Java and running in the cloud.
- Tech Lead at Nava PBC for the Submissions API, a Node.js application at the core of Medicare's effort to promote better patient outcomes in Quality Payment Program
- Senior Software Engineer at Fenix International, leading the team of 5 engineers to build the Django web application powering the financial platform underpinning the off-grid solar power company in East and West Africa.
- Associated Developer at BlackBag Technologies, building software tools for comprehensive forensic examinations